YouTube has temporarily paused the monetization of beauty influencer James Charles.
The 21-year-old has been temporarily removed from their Partnership Program, YouTube said. The program allows YouTubers to monetise their content.
“If we see that a creator’s on- and/or off-platform behaviour harms our users, community, employees or ecosystem, we may take action to protect the community,” the company said.
This is the second company to re-evaluate its partnership with the influencer.
On Friday, Mr Charles and cosmetics company Morphe announced the end of their partnership.
Earlier this month, he admitted to sending inappropriate messages to two 16-year-old boys.
In a video shared to his 25.5 million followers on YouTube he admitted to two incidents – one last year and one more recently. The video has been viewed more than 8.5 million times.
Mr Charles said on Friday that further accusations had been made, that were false.
“Since posting that video, many other people have come forward with a series of misleading stories and false allegations which have been reported on by many people, creators and news outlets,” he said via Twitter.
“My legal team has begun taking action against those that have spread misinformation and/or created completely fake stories, as this has gone too far.”