A royal court circular revealed the engagements of the British monarchy for the year 2018. Upon analysis the royal family’s daughter-in-laws haven’t been working as much as their elder relatives.
Total engagements carried out by the members of the royal family:-
- The Queen, Elizabeth II – 283
- Prince of Wales, Charles – 507 (Son of Queen Elizabeth II)
- Duchess of Cornwall, Camilla – 219 (2nd wife of Prince Charles)
- Princess Royal, Anne – 518 (Daughter of Queen Elizabeth II)
- Duke of York, Andrew – 394 (Son of Queen Elizabeth II)
- Earl of Wessex, Edward – 463 (Son of Queen Elizabeth II)
- Countess of Wessex, Sophie – 239 (wife of Prince Edward)
- Duke of Cambridge, William – 220 (Son of Prince Charles)
- Duchess of Cambridge, Kate – 87 (wife of Prince William)
- Duke of Sussex, Harry – 193 (Son of Prince Charles)
- Duchess of Sussex, Meghan- 96 (wife of Prince Harry )
Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton were the least hard working royals for the year 2018. Meghan joined the royal family only in May, 2018 after her wedding with Prince Harry. While Kate was on a maternity leave after giving birth to Prince Louis from April to September 2018.
The Anti-monarch group even called out the probable King, Prince William for being lazy.
The pro-republican groups questioned William, “How can the monarchy survive when the younger generation can’t be bothered to do even the light workload of their parents? But the real question these figures raise is does William want to be king? Or is he just doing the bare minimum to keep his family happy in the hope he can have his cake and eat it?”
Prince William also carried out less than half of the workload taken on by his father, Prince Charles.
The hardest working royal was revealed as Princess Anne, who carried out an impressive 518 engagements.