Viral TikTok mother who beat 3-year-old to death for ‘interrupting coitus’ sentenced to 15 years for manslaughter

Nicola Priest, 23, was jailed for 15 years for manslaughter last week after little Kaylee-Jayde was tragically found dead with chest and abdominal injuries at the flat where they lived in Birmingham on August 9 last year.

Experts likened Kaylee-Jayde’s wounds to those of a child hit by a car at 40mph, or from falling three floors on to a concrete floor.

Her boyfriend Callum Redfern, 22, was also jailed for 14 years for manslaughter and was handed a concurrent sentence of three years for a child cruelty charge after Birmingham Crown Court heard the couple killed Kaylee-Jayde after she interrupted them while they had sex.

In the months before the child’s death, she was used as a prop in multiple disturbing videos alongside her mother.

Just one day before Kaylee-Jayde was beaten to death at home, Priest flaunted her body while dancing in shorts and a crop top on the app. And in another TikTok video posted a month after Kaylee-Jayde was killed, Priest hangs her head and appears to wipe tears from her eyes.

She then mouths the words to the song playing in the background: ‘I’m sorry mum and dad. I know I messed up bad. I should’ve done, should’ve done better.’

Priest and Redfern were convicted of manslaughter after a jury heard Priest rang 999 only after the youngster was dead. The mother was sentenced to 15 years for manslaughter and a three year concurrent sentence for child cruelty.

Sentencing Priest and Redfern last week, Mr Justice Foxton QC said: ‘On the evening of August 8 you Redfern went to Priest’s flat. The two of you went to have sex. Kaylee wanted to stay up and play. There is no direct evidence of what happened next.

‘Kaylee was sick more than once during the night as a result of the severe beating. You lost your tempers and it is clear you were joint participants in that assault. You both knew you had seriously injured Kaylee.

‘You, Priest did nothing to seek medical help. A prompt call could have saved Kaylee’s life. You both lied repeatedly during interviews.

‘From the severity of the injuries caused by the assault it is clear there was an intention to cause serious harm. The injuries were caused by a ferocious assault.

‘You and Redfern were equally responsible. You had ample opportunity to raise any concerns. Kaylee was very vulnerable and you were in a position of trust. You did nothing to summon help.’