Categories
Insane

Super comfortable goose feather bed makes man sick

A 43-year-old man in Scotland who wanted a more comfortable bed, ended up buying a feather-filled bed, but it ended up giving him severe lung inflammation.

Martin Taylor developed “feather duvet lung,” a form of hypersensitivity pneumonitis or “bird fancier’s lung.”

The doctor reported from inhaling organic dust from duck or goose feathers found in duvets and pillows to be the main cause of the disease or hyperallergic reaction.




Then Scotland-based Taylor contacted a chest physician after experiencing malaise, fatigue and breathlessness for days. Dr. Owen Dempsey diagnosed him with a respiratory infection, but his symptoms got worse.

The specialist scanned the man’s lungs and saw they had a ground glass, mosaic pattern. It was after a CT scan that he was diagnosed to have hypersensitivity pneumonitis.

According to the American Lung Association, a person’s lung gets inflamed from inhaling allergens like dust, fungus, mold, or chemicals in such a condition.



The man was told to get rid of his feather-filled bedding, which was leading to such a disaster. He was then treated with a high dose of steroids for a month. Also a misdiagnosis led to severing his condition.


Leave a Reply