Prime Minister Narendra Modi replied in Lok Sabha today on the motion of thanks to the president’s address. The BJP issued a whip, asking all its members to be present in majority during the Prime Minister’s response.
President Ram Nath Kovind addressed a joint session of the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha on the 31st of January.
Here is a highlight of the Prime Minister’s address –
This is what Prime Minister Modi said about his achievements in the four and half years of his government.
– The Prime Minister said that his government was committed to to be sensitive to the aspirations of the people of India and reiterated his stance against fight on corruption.
– Modi said the youth born in the 21st century are now voters and would play a key role in shaping India’s progress.
– Modi said India has seen remarkable progress in the last four years. He said, “In all spheres, investment, steel sector, start ups, milk and agriculture, aviation, India’s progress is outstanding.”
– PM Modi gave a comparison of work done by his government in supplying cooking gas cylinders. He said in the 55 years of the Congress 12 crore gas connections were given, but in the last 4 years 13 crore gas connections were granted.
– The implementation of GST saw 99 percent of items within the 18 percent taxation slab, stating that his government has controlled price rise.
Prime Minister’s speech had large amounts time dedicated to Congress bashing.
– Prime Minister says that the Congress see two time periods, one BC which is Before Congress when nothing happened and the other AD After Dynasty where everything happened.
– Modi told that you can criticise Modi, BJP but many go abroad and bad mouth nation. Prime Minister hinted at the attendance of Senior Congress leader Kapil Sibal’s presence in the EVM press conference at London.
– Modi called the coming together of the opposition parties as “adulterated.”
– “I want to say it on the floor of the Parliament that the Indian National Congress does not want our armed forces to be strong,” Narendra Modi hinted at the Rafale deal signed with France. He said that the Congress party was shocked to see a defence deal without middlemen.
(The Pigeon Express Opinion –
Toilet construction, cleanliness, electricity for all, bank account creation, health schemes have all been great and means of good governance. It was all required much before but it’s never late. Even though Prime Minister Modi spoke on a whole range of issues, many stood on clumsy facts and in thin air and loose ground.
– Rafale deal– The prime minister has not spoken on the details of the Rafale controversy. It’s just that Nirmala Sitharaman has taken the beating all this while.
Mr. Modi always maintained a constant phrase No corruption, your jealous of my achievement, or he keeps saying your the enemy of the army. So many questions Why not HAL but Reliance? transfer of technology, costs, movie bribes.. etc.etc still remain unanswered.
– Demonetisation – PM Modi repeated multiple times that his government has address for every penny deposited in the bank accounts. But recently, the RBI stopped further printing and initiated a slow phase out of ₹2000 denomination notes that were introduced after demonetisation only because back money was back. He hasn’t spoken on this mega failure which costed 2 percent of the GDP and millions of jobs.
– GST – The idea of one nation one tax is great, but why did he become pro-GST only after becoming PM? Also the poor implementation of GST, costed of job loss, hiked certain good creating slowdown of existing businesses.
– Jobs – We’d like to hear PM Modi talk with more numbers rather than assumptions of who ola, uber employees. The recent data which shows unemployment is at 45 year low. What has the government done, to reduce unemployment and bring in quality jobs?
– Pakistan – PM Modi hasn’t spoken on Pakistan after meeting Nawaz Sharif during his initial days at office. Nor there hasn’t been any significant progress on getting perpetrators of 26/11 to justice apart from US bounties.)