Categories
Uncategorized

Officials race against time to rescue 2-year-old Sujith from borewell

The officials who were working to rescue the 2-year-old toddler Sujith, said that it will take the team another 12 hours to rescue the boy. The toddler had fallen down an abandoned borewell in Nadukattupatti near Manapparai in Trichy on October 25.

Sujith has now slipped to 88 feet, officials are digging a parallel pit through which rescue personnel will go through, dig a connecting tunnel and pull Sujith out. Rescuers have dug a hole upto 63 feet.

The rescue work came to a brief hold on Sunday after rescuers drilling the borewell encountered a rocky terrain.




The boy was last heard crying on Saturday morning 5:30 am (local time). A team from Chennai’s Anna University employed a specialised thermal camera to report the presence of body temperature on Saturday night.

“No motion has been detected nor any breathing sounds were heard. However, oxygen continued to be supplied with hopes of the child being alive,” officials said.

Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami briefed PM Modi over the incident.



Prime Minister Narendra Modi took to Twitter to say that his prayers were with the young and brave Sujith Wilson, and ensured that efforts were being made to rescue him safely.

“Heavy duty drilling machines and equipments have been deployed and experts from NLC, ONGC, L&T and NIT Tiruchirapalli are at site to be of guidance. Further assistance would be sought depending on the status of the rescue efforts. Three State ministers had been deputed to the Nadukattupatti to check on the rescue operations along with Fire and Rescue services, NDRF and SDRF,” CM Palaniswami posted on twitter after his discussion with PM Modi.


Leave a Reply