At least 22 people were killed in attacks across five Afghan provinces over the past 24 hours.
In capital Kabul, unknown gunmen killed four policemen, a university lecturer, and a government employee in three separate incidents, police spokesman Ferdows Faramarz said on Saturday.
Two of the incidents happened on Saturday while the third one took place on Friday evening, police said.
Targeted killings are on the rise in Kabul where security forces, government employees, activists, and journalists are often the targets.
There has been no claim of responsibility for the majority of the attacks happening in the Afghan capital.
In the country’s southeastern Ghazni province, at least four civilians were killed in a roadside bomb blast, local officials said.
Two other civilians were wounded when the bomb hit their vehicle as they drove in the provincial capital, the governor’s spokesman Wahidullah Jumazada said.
Roadside bombs are a weapon of choice for the Taliban to target government security forces but they more often result in civilian casualties.
Also, in central Logar province, three soldiers were killed in a roadside bomb blast, a provincial police spokesman said.
In the eastern Nangarhar province, at least two policemen were killed and a civilian was wounded in an explosion in Jalalabad city, an official said.
In the country’s northern Takhar province, at least seven pro-government forces were killed in a Taliban drone attack overnight in Bangi district.
Local officials blamed the Taliban for the explosion.
Civilian casualties in the country rose 29 percent in the first quarter of the year, the United Nations said in a report last week, with 573 Afghan civilians killed and 1,210 wounded.
The Taliban and the United States last year agreed that all foreign forces would be withdrawn from Afghanistan by May 1, a date that was pushed back last week by US President Joe Biden.
The insurgent group had warned it would resume attacks if the May 1 deadline is breached.