Man ends up burning his house down after romantic proposal planning goes horribly wrong

A British man who planned a romantic proposal for his girlfriend – the prefect balloons, candles and a ring ended up horribly wrong after fire ended up burning his entire house down to ashes.

The incident was narrated online by the office of the South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Department, who also took the moment to caution others about fancy proposals or celebration plans involving flammable items without following proper fire-safety protocol.

The good news? She said yes.