A birthday celebration in Moscow turned fatal after dry ice was poured into a swimming pool leading to the death of 3 people.
Instagram influencer Yekaterina Didenko was celebrating her 29th birthday with her friends and family at a pool complex. To create a visual effect and woo the guests, 25 kg of dry ice was put into the pool. However, people inside the pool instantly started to choke and faint.
Many people were injured and three died, including the blogger’s husband.
Didenko, who is a mother of two, shared a heartbreaking video of her daughter asking, “Where’s daddy?” on Instagram story. She also announced his death later in a video.
Dry ice is frozen carbon dioxide and produces heavy vapour when put in water. The vapour can increase the level of carbon dioxide in blood when released in improperly ventilated area.
Speaking about the incident, Russian Investigative Committee spokeswoman Yulia Ivanova said that other people were injured but did not specify how many.
Didenko is a qualified pharmacist and has over 1.5 million followers on Instagram. She shares ways to save money on pharmaceutical products on her feed.