Categories
World

Carbon monoxide gas from generator poisons an illegal bunker party in Oslo

Over 200 partygoers get caught while violating coronavirus restrictions after carbon monoxide gas fills bunker.

25 people were taken to a hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning after attending an illegal rave in a bunker in the Norwegian capital, Oslo. Five of them are in a critical condition.

Two police officers who tended to the partygoers are among those poisoned.

All the victims are aged between 20 and 30.




Official suspect the poisoning was caused by portable generators. Generators were being used to power lighting and sound systems, local media said.

Police say the “Rave Cave” event, attended by some 200 people, was discovered by chance when a patrol met a group of confused young people.

Several more then emerged from the bunker and asked for an ambulance.



It was not immediately known who had organised the underground event which was reportedly planned three weeks in advance and kept secret from the authorities.

Oslo police say they are investigating why a tip-off about the rave was not acted upon.

Carbon monoxide is an odourless, colourless gas produced by incomplete burning of carbon-based fuels, including gas, oil, wood and coal. The gas is harmful because it displaces oxygen from red blood cells, resulting in damage to major organs.

Earlier this month, Norway banned the serving of alcohol in bars after midnight until further notice after a rise in coronavirus infections.


Earn Cash Reward By Sharing Articles On Social Media Sites