Former India captain Sourav Ganguly on Wednesday slammed the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) for sending a Conflict of Interest notice to Rahul Dravid.
Ganguly took to Twitter to express his disappointment regarding the matter.
New fashion in indian cricket …..conflict of interest ….Best way to remain in news …god help indian cricket ……Dravid Gets Conflict of Interest Notice from BCCI Ethics Officer https://t.co/3cD6hc6vsv.
— Sourav Ganguly (@SGanguly99) August 6, 2019
Rahul Dravid, who is currently the head of National Cricket Academy’s (NCA) Cricket Operations, is the latest big name to get notice from BCCI’s Ethics Officer on specific Conflict of Interest allegations levelled against him.
BCCI’s Ombudsman-cum-Ethics Officer Justice (Retd) DK Jain has sent a notice after receiving a complaint from Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association (MPCA) life member Sanjeev Gupta.
According to Gupta’s complaint, Dravid is allegedly conflicted as he is the NCA Director and also employed as vice-president of India Cements group, which owns Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise Chennai Super Kings.
Rahul Dravid received the notice last week and is given two weeks to reply to the allegations of Conflict of Interest. It is expected that Dravid will have to file his reply by August 16 and then might have to appear for an in-person hearing if Justice Jain deems it important.
Sanjeev Gupta, the man who filed the complaint had earlier filed similar Conflict of Interest complaints against Sachin Tendulkar and VVS Laxman for their dual roles as Cricket Advisory Committee member as well as mentor/icon of their respective IPL franchises – Mumbai Indians and SunRisers Hyderabad.
Both had categorically refused that they had any conflicts whatsoever. Tendulkar, in fact, in his affidavit said that he didn’t take a penny from MI for his services. Laxman in his reply had said that if his role of mentor was found to be conflicted with his responsibilities as CAC member, he was ready to quit.
Source : Various