On Sunday, Armenia and Azerbaijan have accused each other of violating a new humanitarian ceasefire in fighting over the mountain enclave of Nagorno-Karabakh, hours after it was agreed.
The truce came into force on Saturday midnight, week after old Russian-brokered ceasefire failed to halt the fighting. At least 750 people have been killed since fighting began on September 27.
Azeri defence ministry said the Aghdam region, adjacent Nagorno-Karabakh, was under Armenian shelling. It said overnight Armenian military units opened fire from large-caliber weapons along the border, this Armenia has denied.
Armenia said the Azeri army had fired twice during the night and used artillery and accused Azerbaijan of rejecting its request to withdraw the wounded soldiers from the battlefield.
The Armenia ministry said that Azeri military units downed its Su-25 warplane in Jabrail region.
Officials in Nagorno-Karabakh said Azeri forces had launched an attack on the enclave’s military positions and there were casualties and wounded on both sides.
Nagorno-Karabakh is a mountain territory that is internationally recognised as part of Azerbaijan but populated and governed by ethnic Armenians.
Azerbaijan said on Saturday that 60 Azeri civilians had been killed and 270 wounded since the fighting flared on September 27. It has not disclosed its military casualties.
Nagorno-Karabakh says 673 of its military personnel have been killed, and 36 civilians.