Categories
India Insane

3-year-old miraculously survives after swallowing idol of Hindu deity

A 3-year-old boy who swallowed a 5 centimeter idol of lord Ganesha had a miraculous escape after immediate medical intervention in Bengaluru, India.

The kid, Basava was rushed to the Manipal hospital on Old Airport Road on Friday.

The boy had swallowed the idol while he was playing. He manifested pain in the upper chest and difficulty swallowing saliva. Initially, chest and neck X-ray was done, which confirmed the location and type of foreign body.




Then the doctors planned to remove the idol using a flexible endoscopic approach. He was taken to the endoscopy suite within one hour and under anesthesia, the foreign body was safely removed.

Subsequently, he was observed and started on feeds after 3 hours. The boy tolerated it well, without any problems. He was finally discharged in the evening.

It could have led to an injury of the esophagus, including infection in the chest. Moreover, the child was not able to swallow anything that itself would have caused many problems, a doctor said.



Parents should keep things away from children and they must also be observant, a doctor warned.