One person was killed and at least two others were injured after ten rockets hit various parts of Afghanistan’s capital Kabul.
Taliban denied hand in the attack as they continued talks with the Afghan government’s representatives in Qatar to end nearly two decades of war.
Security officials said it was not clear if militants of Afghan affiliate of Islamic State, known as Islamic State Khorasan, were involved in the attack.
“This morning, 10 rockets were fired from the Labe Jar neighbourhood of Kabul,” interior ministry spokesman Tariq Arian told reporters.
He said three rockets landed near Kabul airport and seven in residential areas.
Last month, a barrage of rockets hit residential areas in Kabul, killing at least eight people and wounding more than 30.
The regional Islamic State group had claimed responsibility for the November attack.
Afghan Vice President Amrullah Saleh said on his Facebook page on Saturday that he had received a warning from ISIS that it would “transform Kabul into a slaughterhouse for Shiites” if any of the jihadist group’s militants arrested by government forces were executed.
In recent months, Saleh and his aides have pushed for public trials of “terrorists” arrested in connection with deadly attacks and for those found guilty to be hanged publicly.
ISIS has regularly claimed attacks targeting the minority Shiite Hazara community in Afghanistan.
Violence has surged amid an ongoing withdrawal of US troops as President Donald Trump pushes to end America’s longest war.
In November, the Pentagon said it would pull 2,000 troops out of Afghanistan, speeding up the timeline established in a February agreement between Washington and the Taliban that envisions a full withdrawal by May 2021.