Categories
India Insane

10 Indians die after consuming sanitizer with water and soft drinks

At least ten people died after consuming sanitizer as an alternative to liquor in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh.

Two people died on Thursday night and the other eight died on Friday morning.

The victims of Kurichedu village in Prakasam district had been allegedly consuming sanitiser for the past few days, mixing it with water and soft drinks.




“We are investigating whether the sanitiser had any other toxic content. We have sent the stocks for chemical analysis,” Superintendent of Police Siddharth Kaushal said.

The dead were alcohol addicts and the non-availability amid the lockdown made them to drink sanitiser that had alcoholic content, the police added.